Ultra Education C.I.C is an award winning social enterprise and the UK’s #1 provider of entrepreneurial education in schools and clubs. We believe that all children and young people regardless of background or social standing should have access to essential entrepreneurial education.
We exist to inspire positive and lasting change in the lives of young people who would otherwise suffer from the disadvantage of their starting point. We are focussed on those from black and ethnic minority communities, and those for whom the existing education system does not deliver. Our core values support equality, diversity, and the capacity for human capability to go beyond expectations.
We are looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer or COO to manage our organisation’s ongoing operations and procedures. You will be the company’s second-in-command and responsible for driving the growth of the organisation.
You must be a leader who is able to help others at ULTRA deliver measurable, social impact that make that make the vision a reality. While it is essential that the COO drives growth and revenue, it is also critical that the team retain the creative spark that drives the ULTRA concept.
- Management of the Program Delivery, Sales, Marketing, Administration and Finance teams, implementing effective performance management and providing personalised support.
- Lead from the front building good relationships with key clients and grant giving partners to maximise the opportunity for growth in the organisation.
- Ensure cost effective program delivery leading to a surplus which will enable participation in ever larger program opportunities.
- Oversee and supporting the teams response to COVID-19.
- Supporting the CEO in developing and implementing the strategic plan for the organisation.
- The successful candidate will have had management experience within a Social Enterprise and have the ability to operate at the strategic level whilst being prepared to get hands dirty.
- You will have proven experience in winning grant funding and possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working to high personal and professional standard, taking responsibility for resolving issues.
An undergraduate degree in education or related discipline or a substantial track record of operating in social enterprise organisations delivering learning or other skills.
This opportunity for an experienced COO who can help us grow the organisation and manage the impact of COVID-19 and beyond. Whilst this is a voluntary position at this time we anticipate formalising the role as a paid position by the end of the year and we can be flexible on your time availability for this role.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your C.V. and covering letter