What we do
Ultra Education is an award winning Social Enterprise focused on helping all children to be
able to fulfil their life potential. Ultra Education does this by ensuring all children have
access to the personal development and employment opportunities available through
entrepreneurship. We deliver programs funded by State and Academy School Groups, Local
Councils, Housing Associations and Youth groups.
We teach young people about entrepreneurship in an innovative and engaging way, preparing them for the future of self-employment and employment. We have grown significantly in the last year and are looking
to extend our reach into our well established markets.
JOB TITLE Marketing and Communications Executive, Ultra Education
LOCATION ULTRA EDUCATION C.I.C, The Granville, 140 Carlton Vale, NW6 5HE
ACCOUNTABLE TO Chief Executive Officer
HOURS OF WORK 3 days a week
SALARY Full Time up to £25,000 (pro rata)
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB Marketing the various programmes Ultra Education offers
To truly thrive in this role you must be an out-going person. We are a small dedicated
team with a range of skills and expertise looking for a self-driven individual with solid
experience in marketing and communications to join us. You will have fresh ideas about
ways we could use marketing and communications to engage and inspire schools, councils and housing associations. This is an exciting opportunity and a chance for the right
individual to put their stamp on the role.
Knowledge, skills and experience
At least 3 years’ experience and/or a communications or marketing related
- Excellent understanding of social media platforms and ability use these to disseminate a
range of messages
- Experience integrating multiple communication channels to maximise the impact our
communications have on our audiences
- Excellent writing skills; the ability to draft compelling marcomms copy.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with strong attention to detail
- Experience in generating content for social media, websites, and printed materials
- Experience managing direct marketing campaigns, the production of materials such
flyers, e-newsletters and small to medium sized publications
- Ability to use a combination of qualitative and quantitative evaluation methods to gauge
impact of communications and marketing activity.
- Experience using tools such as Google Analytics is a must
- Experience setting, planning, prioritising tasks and resources to meet deadlines –
effective management of time and resources
- Good IT skills across all applications including MS Office, Google Suite
- The ability to use design packages such as Canva or Photoshop is a bonus
- A positive and energetic individual with a strong sense of what works well; and able to
find solutions when things don’t go quite well
- An understanding/experience of working with diverse communities
Working to develop Ultra Education’s social media strategy and programme communications plans
Deliver creative approaches communicating and engaging with schools, councils, housing associations, parents and youth organisations. Produce communications including content for Ultra Education’s e-newsletter, website, press releases, leaflets and social media.
Generate content for Ultra Education’s website to ensure maximum participation online and the
‘first place to go’ for anyone who wants to know about youth entrepreneurship. Moderating the website on a monthly basis and using Google Analytics to measure and evaluate the performance of the website.
Monitor, evaluate and report on the performance of communications and marketing
Providing support to the other departments as required to support the communication of
Ultra Education’s programmes and helping out at events, activities and clubs.
Working evenings or weekends, on a planned basis (for which TOIL will be provided)
To apply, please email your CV and supporting statement to email@example.com